Belimo Donates to ASHRAE Global Headquarters Renovation Project
ASHRAE is showcasing sustainability and solutions through the renovation of the organization’s new global headquarters in Atlanta.
Belimo is to be one of eighteen major donors to the ASHRAE Global Headquarters Renovation Project. Belimo donated some of its most technologically advanced HVAC field devices, including more than 100 valves. Products were chosen for their high performance and BACnet communication for their data sharing capabilities and seamless controller integration.
Belimo’s innovative solutions provide comfort, energy efficiency, safety, ease of installation, and less maintenance for buildings and long-term reliability.
“Belimo is excited to be supporting ASHRAE’s Global Headquarters Renovation Project and is pleased to see a wide variety of our products helping the project meet its goal of net-zero energy,” states James Furlong, President Belimo Americas.
The renovation project is expected to be completed by late summer with a move in October 2020.
Belimo Products used in the Renovation
- Belimo Energy Valves IoT pressure independent valve utilizes advanced cloud-based analytics to leverage system data to provide energy savings and the most efficient system operation.
- Belimo Clear Edge™, an analytic data device that automatically discovers, captures, and analyzes system data from multiple Energy Valves in the building via BACnet.
- Pressure Independent Valves to maximize available energy savings of variable flow pumping systems and address unique control challenges.
- 6-way Pressure Independent Valves have the functionality of up to four 2-way control valves and two balancing valves saving material and installation time.
- Belimo’s 100th million actuator assembled on the advanced Butterfly Valve which consumes up to 80% less power than conventional designs and equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) and BACnet communications capabilities
- Globe Valves with a soft seat design to provide ANSI Class VI leakage rating and improved rangeability of 100:1 offers greater flow control.