ASPE 2022 Show Recap
— by Day Atkins
ASPE 2022, held in Indianapolis, Indiana, was a great success. Southern PHC was there, talking to industry pros to bring back the latest innovations and show highlights.
The American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) 2022 Convention and Expo was held September 16-21 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Attendance was in the thousands making this one of ASPE’s most successful events to date. Plumbing industry professionals converged in Indianapolis for some 30 technical education sessions with each session providing CEU credits for certification and licensing continuing education requirements. The sessions consisted of six (6) tracks: Codes and Standards/ Water Quality, System Design, Sustainability, Specialty Design, Fire Protection, Life Safety and Healthcare.
Manufacturers were well represented at the Expo in the Convention Center allowing for one-on-one education from manufacturers on the latest product offerings.
And, of course, it wouldn’t be ASPE without a party or two. Nibco sponsored the opening party at Crane Bay Events Center which included live entertainment, multiple bars and a wide variety of food options.
2022-2024 ASPE Board of Directors
During the 2022 ASPE business meeting in Indianapolis, Chapter Delegates representing some 6,500 members elected the Society’s Board of Directors for the 2022–2024 term as follows:
- President: James T. Zebrowski, PE, CPD, ASSE 6060, FASPE
- Vice President, Technical: W. Blair Minyard, PE, CPD, CDT
- Vice President, Education: Bryan L. Hutton, CPD, MBA
- Vice President, Legislative: Brianne N. Hall, PE, CPD, ASSE 6060, LEED AP BD+C, GGP
- Vice President, Membership: Jason S.A. McDonald, CPD, ASSE 6060, FASPE
- Vice President, Affiliate: Thomas P. Sharp
- Treasurer: Vincent Falkowski, PE, PMP, CCM
- Region 1 Director: Paul Freeman, PE, CPD
- Region 2 Director: Steve J. Kormanik, CPD, GPD
- Region 3 Director: Curtis A. Ray Jr., CPD, FASPE
- Region 4 Director: Gwynne M. Morrison, CPD, GPD, LEED AP
- Region 5 Director: Nicholas Hipp, CPD
Annual ASPE events alternate between the Tech Symposium and the Convention & Expo. Future dates for each show are as follows.
ASPE 2023 Tech Symposium
Sep 26-Oct 2 Bellevue, WA
2024 ASPE Convention & Expo
October 18– Columbus, Ohio
2022 ASPE Convention and Expo Highlights
The 2022 ASPE Convention and Expo was held at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana September 16-21. Over 50 sponsors supported the event. In addition to educational sessions and product exhibits, the event featured a Breakfast Award Ceremony and Keynote Address. Keynote Speaker Chris Stricklin delivered an inspiring address on living an intentional life. During the Award Ceremony, the Society recognized ASPE members and industry partners with several awards.
Sunday Night Party
The Sunday Night Party, sponsored by NIBCO, was held at The Crane Bay Event Center, just half a mile from the Indiana Convention Center. Live music, good food, and camaraderie filled the venue.
Manufacturers from across the industry were at ASPE 2022 to introduce their latest innovations. Watch full video recaps of the new products featured at the show.